While many have been adjusting their day-to-day lives in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, interest in plastic surgery was only temporarily dampened.
According to Google Trends, searches like plastic surgery, liposuction and breast augmentation dipped during the period of shutdowns in the United States, but queries have already rebounded, and have actually inched higher now than in the previous year.
Plastic surgery during a pandemic
Whether you are considering your first cosmetic surgery treatment, or you’re simply ready to go back for another procedure, patients should look for plastic surgeons who adhere to the very highest standards of health and safety for their patients, their staff and themselves. The following minimum standards should be met when seeking treatments.
To facilitate the safe reopening of medical offices, ASPS has provided plastic surgeons with an extensive list of recommendations that will help to make sure everyone stays healthy.
Governmental and regulatory guidelines
Patients should look for plastic surgeons who closely follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and county departments of health, as well as regulations issued by the federal government for ambulatory surgery center associations.
Patients will want to ensure that their surgeon, surgical staff and clinic also follow additional important safety measures, such as the following:
- Strictly limiting in-office visits by opting for virtual consultations whenever possible
- Conducting thorough COVID-19 screenings of staff and patients, including temperature checks, screenings for respiratory symptoms, travel and potential exposure prior to clinic entry
- Following social distancing guidelines by reducing the number of patients that are booked for in-office visits
- Eliminating shared space wherever possible, including waiting rooms
- Correct use of full personal protective equipment, or PPE, on all staff members
- Requiring staff and patients to wear face masks
- Erecting plexiglass or other shields between front office staff and patients
- Implementing a full deep clean and sanitation between patient visits and full air exchange in the Operating Room according to CDC standards for air recirculation
Choosing a plastic surgeon
It is especially important now that patients work with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only plastic surgery board recognized by The American Board of Medical Specialties, have received comprehensive training in all aspects of plastic surgery, including face, breast and body.
Furthermore, a plastic surgeon who adheres to the highest safety standards of ASPS also means they meet additional health and safety standards.
Optimal surgical environments
Choosing a surgeon with an accredited operating suite gives you extra assurance of, and more control over, meeting the highest standards of sanitation and sterilization.
Patients will want to seek surgical staff that engenders and prioritizes a general culture of health and safety. With the proper support, patients can feel confident their surgical team has their safety in mind, and that no unnecessary risks are taken.
Achieve Confidence During COVID-19
Even during COVID-19, it’s possible to safely schedule a plastic surgery procedure with a board-certified surgeon who cares about your health and happiness, and who is invested in helping you achieve your aesthetic goals safely.
During this global Covid-19 pandemic, you need to find a more reliable doctor. Contact Taewon Moon MD, which adheres to professional skills and through safety precautions about covid 19